Friday, May 22, 2009

Dinosaurmageddon pt. 1 (of2)




This is a comic i've been working for the split mini that I'm doing with Oliver.

I thought I would try something a little different with this one. I've been inking it with a Faber Castell fineliner. It's been a nice step out of my comfort zone and I'm learning a bunch from doing it. It's fun to use a lot of little lines; it will be interesting to see how I attack the brush after this. The one huge drawback I'm wrestling with is legibility...

Probably the best thing about this process is that I'm able to do most of the drawing in transit. I think it's safe to say I drew about 50-60% of this stuff on my way to and from work over the past week. I think I'm going to do more stuff like this in the future simply because I can get more done my time that would generally be wasted.

anyway, I'll post the other half of the story when it's done.

cheers,

Jason

No comments: