Thursday, April 02, 2009

Granma n' Granpa

Last night I was looking through some old caricature drawings I had from last summer and I came across this one. I’m not sure if I’ve posted it anywhere before but it’s about the only drawing from last summer that I was able to get a picture of that I still like. It’s a drawing of my grandparents I did on a hot summer day in my parent’s back yard at a family get together. It was a good day.


I’m looking forward to getting back at doing caricatures. Despite what I said in my depressing as shit comic about it I really did quite enjoy it for the most part. You get to sit around drawing faces all day with your friends and you get so much better at drawing because you can’t choose to stop when it’s your job. I think that summer taught me more than any semester of art school ever could.

No comments: