Saturday, February 14, 2009

may all smokers burn in hell

Yeah, smoking disgusts me.

So here's a two page story. I think I'm starting to figure out the kind of cartooning I want to get into doing... definitely more exaggerated. I think comics are the perfect medium for exaggeration. I just read David B's Epileptic and it blew my mind into all sorts of different directions. I don't know though, I'm still trying to figure it out.

I'm getting sick of drawing so small. All of the pages i've been doing are drawn at 8.5 x 11 and i'm finding it hard to draw half decent panels... let alone ink them. for the actual mini they're going to be at half that size so it works well enough... but after this project I'm definitely going to move up.

This is a nice training ground for myself, but I know I can definitely draw much better comics than these.

3 comments:

Ollie said...

oh man thats sweet, i love the inhale bit, good stuff man, i really need to finish my comic with you and me. but i think i lost the pages. i hope not, but this is really good, like the posses of you hacking up a lung, sweet, cant wait to see more.

Jason Bradshaw said...

thanks a lot man! i appreciate the kind words.

I'm curious to see the adventures of Ollie and turtle jay after seeing the teaser you put up on Facebook... SO YOU BETTER NOT HAVE LOST THEM!

har har

Tooninator said...

WHAT!!!!??? Think you just stepped your game up to another level.
Not only are the drawings hilarious, but you've managed to make this much more coherent and readable than your previous strips. This is great.
oh....and I can totally relate to the thought of smokers.